Golden Foothills Press is a literary indie book press established in 2014 by multiple award-winning author, editor, and Poet Laureate Emerita, Thelma T. Reyna.
- Our press' books have won a total of 27 book awards, most of them in national-level competitions.
- Over 150 diverse California poets have been published by Golden Foothills Press, including Poet Laureates, former Poet Laureates, Pushcart Prize Nominees, and numerous national and regional literary award winners.
- Two groundbreaking books, a World War III novel and a memoir about a boxing champion, written after much research by their Latino authors, have won a total of 6 national book awards.
We are one of the few literary book presses in the U.S. owned and operated by an ethnic-minority woman. As such, Dr. Reyna has focused on producing high-quality books showcasing in attractive designs the strong talents of writers from across the spectrum of ethnic, cultural, generational, gender, and geographical diversity.
We have committed to publishing three new books each year. Exciting, high-quality, thought-provoking literature by published and emerging, diverse authors is on its way to you.
Stay tuned for further news about future outstanding books!
- To promote top-quality authors of poetry, fiction, and nonfiction in a variety of ways
- To foster and support new voices as well as established authors.
- To cultivate multicultural diversity in our American literary landscape.
We recognize that the world of publishing has undergone tremendous change, and that publication channels will continue to evolve, to be created, and to adapt to the needs of 21st century writers.
As a micro-indie book publisher in Southern California (hence, the "Foothills" in our name!), we are enthusiastic about our forthcoming growth and contributions to these evolutions.
Because of our current publication commitments, no book manuscript submissions can be taken until further notice. Thank you for your interest in us, and please keep an eye on this site, checking back with us in January 2021.
As a small, independent press, we are committed to fostering the visibility and growth of our multicultural authors who might not otherwise have a platform for their literary creations and unique voices. Your kind donations to our work in the literary arts are deeply appreciated.
Feel free to use the Donate button below for your convenience.