Golden Foothills Press is a literary indie press established in 2014 by multiple award-winning author and editor, Thelma T. Reyna.
• The first 4 books issued by this press have won a total of 6 national-level honors.
• Over 100 diverse California poets have been published by Golden Foothills Press, including
Poet Laureates, former Poet Laureates, Pushcart Prize Nominees, and numerous national
literary award winners.
• The press' first novel, issued in 2016, was a Finalist in the 2016 Book Excellence Award
Golden Foothills Press is one of the few literary book presses in the U.S. owned and operated by an ethnic-minority woman. As such, Dr. Reyna has focused on producing high-quality books showcasing in attractive designs the strong talents of writers from across the spectrum of ethnic, cultural, generational, gender, and geographical diversity.
In addition to Our Books and New Releases shown in this website, we have committed to publishing at least 3 new titles in 2017-2018. Exciting, high-quality literature by published and emerging, diverse authors is on its way to you:
• A debut full-length poetry collection by an emerging, award-winning Latina poet who
emigrated to the U.S. as a child.
• An anthology of 10 women poets from across America, many of them award-winning
authors, who met and shared their poetry at Lake Como, Italy, last summer in an
exotic, 17th century aristocrat's villa.
• A short story collection by an award-winning Latino author.
Stay tuned for further news about these outstanding forthcoming books!
- To promote high-quality authors in various genres in a variety of ways.
- To foster and support new voices as well as established authors.
- To cultivate multicultural diversity in our American literary landscape.
We recognize that the world of publishing has undergone tremendous change, and that publication channels will continue to evolve, to be created, and to adapt to the needs of 21st century writers.
As a new entity in Southern California (hence, the "Foothills" in our name!), we are enthusiastic about our forthcoming growth and contributions to these evolutions.
Because of our current publication commitments, no submissions can be taken until further notice. Thank you for your interest in us, and please keep an eye on this site, checking back with us in Fall 2017.
As a small, independent press, we are committed to fostering the visibility and growth of our multicultural authors who might not otherwise have a platform for their literary creations and unique voices. Your kind donations to our work in the literary arts are deeply appreciated.
Feel free to use the Donate button below for your convenience.